About FND Hope
April 30, 2012, FND Hope was created to unite people diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder [FND]/Conversion Disorder [CD]. Our website, fndhope.org, was just the beginning of what later became the first registered charity in the world advocating for those with functional symptoms. Content for fndhope.org is written by patients, caregivers, advocates and doctors/researchers who come together to promote better treatment and care for those battling FND.
About FND Hope’s Global Initiative
FND Hope US, FND Hope UK, FND Hope Canada, and FND Hope Australia are all committed to the health and well-being of those with functional symptoms. We have joined forces with others in a global network to advocate best practices for ethical patient-centered care for FND. We aim to change how functional symptoms are understood and defined globally and work in a concerted manner to advocate for the men, women, and children who have had their lives turned upside by physical and often debilitating functional symptoms. FND Hope and affiliates provide current information and dispel biased stereotypes and myths.
Together, we are a force for change, uniting the FND community in the pursuit of empowering and improving the health of those diagnosed with FND. Since our website went live on the 13th of April, we have become a fast-growing community.
- We now have members from over 90 countries.
- We have been involved in several national publications.
- We have lent our name to research and started the first FND Medical Registry for Research.
- Thousands of people converse on our multiple support group forums.
- We consult with medical professionals from around the world on research, treatment, and symptom management.
- FND Hope Inc is a 501c3 registered charity in the United States.
- FND Hope UK is a registered charity in the UK (no. 1173607) and Scotland (no.048333)
- FND Hope Canada is a registered non-profit
- FND Hope Australia Representation
Our mission is to promote awareness, support affected individuals, and advance research for the prevention, treatment and recovery of FND
A world where FND patients can expect to be treated with dignity, care and respect, regardless of the cause of their symptoms.
We are a force for change, uniting the FND community in the pursuit of empowering and improving the health and of those diagnosed with FND or battling medical uncertainty:
Empowering individuals to advocate for themselves
Growing a supportive patient network
Improve understanding through education
Cultivating and pioneering best practices for ethical patient-centered care
Build an environment of collaboration and communication
Accelerating and support science-based research
Fostering receptively to new discoveries
Operate with integrity and transparency
Empowering Patients To Better Health